All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
peterdiyqueries
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water cylinder won't turn off even when set to off

by peterdiyqueries » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:15 am

Hi,
I've recently moved into a new house with a traditional heating system (water tanks and header tank in loft, cylinder in airing cupboard and a boiler downstairs). I'm currently having an issue with the hot water cylinder never turning off, even when I set the controls next to it to 'off'. It will turn off all the radiators except the one in the bathroom which is continuing to stay hot permanently.
Is there any way I can shut down the cylinder manually? There's a plug socket on the wall, but I don't know what that controls and don't want to turn it off without knowing what I'm doing. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks, Peter.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Hot water cylinder won't turn off even when set to off

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:19 pm

Hi peterdiyqueries,
It is difficult to suggest a solution when you give little detail about makes and models of the heating components installed.
It sounds like the boiler is set to heat the hot water cylinder (and the bathroom radiator) 24/7. Have a look at the boiler and see if there are separate controls for it. You could always turn the boiler off which would give you the manual control you want.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:41 am