DIY Doctor

Hot water feeder.

Postby Chrisdude » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Hello all,

Firstly may I say hello, my name is Chris and I live in the UK.

To my question, we have a leaking ballcock on the feeder for out hot water tank. Please forgive me if my terminology is incorrect.

Our heating system is of an old type. Two feeders in the loft, one for hot, one for cold.

Replacing the ballcock looks fairly simple, it looks to me like the seal on the ballcock has gone.

My question is are these a standard fitting? Looks like 3/4 inch pipe and a horizontal fitting.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 pm

"My question is are these a standard fitting" Probably yes.
Buy a part 1 ball valve, turn off the mains and try fitting it. Undo the nut inside the tank so you replace 1/2 the valve.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4051
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics