Hot Water Pressure bad in Extension but Could Installing a Pump Help?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
terenceS
Labourer
Labourer

Hot Water Pressure bad in Extension but Could Installing a Pump Help?

by terenceS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:51 pm

My hot water pressure is really bad in my extension. I think it because the gravity feed system has a long horizontal travel to get to the kitchen tap.

My question is can I just put an inline pump on that feed pipe to the tap - is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks all

TJ

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Hot Water Pressure bad in Extension but Could Installing a Pump Help?

by collectors » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:28 pm

There is a good chance it is just the taps. You can't beat 2 separate pillar taps. Many kitchens have these monobloc taps that are connected with 8-10mm hoses that are really built for high pressure systems & very restricting for just gravity fed systems. I can only suggest fitting a temporary normal tap to some plastic push fit pipe to test & see if its better. Will cost about £15 for somthing like a cheap outside tap & some fittings to test.
If you do? time how long it takes to fill a large bucket of water with the old tap. Then the same again with the temporary tap.

terenceS
Labourer
Labourer

by terenceS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks for replying, i really appreciate it. based on what you said would that not affect the cold tap as well?

The cold pressure is fine but the tap is all the way over to the hot the pressure is very much reduced?

Total novice here, so feel free to educate me.

TJ

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:19 am

Hi, no, because the cold will be mains "high"pressure in the kitchen & the hot gravity from your hot water tank, which i assume is supplied by your cold water tank in the loft. I have a similar problem in my place which is a bungalow, so even worse just because of these monobloc taps & sinks with only 1 hole. I did the plumbing in this place myself & didn't know enough about pressurised systems to fit that type of tank.
Is all you can do is make sure you have a tap with the biggest bore size & flexi pipes going up to the tap or drill two holes in the worktop & fit pillar taps.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:59 am