Hot water systems
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
12nyima
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water systems

by 12nyima » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Help! We are totally renewing a 60's bungalow - adding 2 ensuite bathrooms in the loft space along with TV room, bedroom with ensuite shower room and L shaped kitchen/diner/sitting room.
We've had lots of advice re. CH but would prefer Underfloor heating. We have had a satisfactory price for the UFH which leaves us with just wanting a suitable HOT WATER system. I'm confused with Combi's/Indirect/direct systems. As we don't need CH what should we go for?
Thanks - I wait with baited breath!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:15 pm

What is going to provide the heat for the UFH ?

If you're thinking about electric it'll cost a fortune to heat the house.

Personally, i'd think a combi would be best for CH and Hw - thinking about space etc - but no good if wanting to use more than one shower/bath at any one time - but you could fit electric showers.

htg

12nyima
Labourer
Labourer

by 12nyima » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

htg engineer wrote:What is going to provide the heat for the UFH ?

If you're thinking about electric it'll cost a fortune to heat the house.

Personally, i'd think a combi would be best for CH and Hw - thinking about space etc - but no good if wanting to use more than one shower/bath at any one time - but you could fit electric showers.

htg

Thanks for reply. Our village has no natural gas so yes, its gonna be Elec UFH. We get the meter changed to a 10 tariff making it a little easier on the purse. Have already bought showers - non electric so need system to suit. no problem with space but concerned that we will be heating up water we're not using if we have an indirect cylinder.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:12 am