how do i fix a 47" LCD tv to very soft thermal breeze b
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
m7jgp
Labourer
Labourer

how do i fix a 47" LCD tv to very soft thermal breeze b

by m7jgp » Mon May 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi just had a house extension built, and would like to put a very large Lcd on the wall i am a little concerned as to what fastners to use, tv comes with a large wall bracket which has to be firmly attached to the wall which is dry lined on to very very soft thermal breeze blocks, what fastners do i use ?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed May 16, 2007 3:41 pm

If there is a gap between the back of the plasterboard and the blocks you really need to cut out a section of the plasterboard and fix timber to the wall using 3inch number 8 screws and red wall plugs (see our fixing to masonry project). The TV brackets can then be fixed to the timbers. Sometimes its as easy to cut out a section of board and fix a timber, say 9 inch x 1 inch to the wall to a length = to the distance between the brackets. The brackets are then fixed to the timber and the timber is decorated to match the wall. You may find that a timber 1.25 or 1.5 inches thick is required for the face of the timber to be flush with the face of the plasterboard when its fixed.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:32 pm