How do I Lay a Tiled Floor in Small Conservatory to Replace Existing Carpet?
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
smudger2468
Labourer
Labourer

How do I Lay a Tiled Floor in Small Conservatory to Replace Existing Carpet?

by smudger2468 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:01 pm

I have a reasonably small conservatory that currently has carpet on the floor. I'm looking to remove the carpet and lay tiles down. It is a concrete floor under the carpet. Can someone please advise how to do this? Do I need to apply something to the concrete first before laying the tiles? Do I need particular tiles for a conservatory?
Please advise.

Thank you.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How do I Lay a Tiled Floor in Small Conservatory to Replace Existing Carpet?

by welsh brickie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:23 pm

I would lay a self level compound on the floor before laying the tiles, any floor tiles will be suitable

michaelbailey
Ganger
Ganger

Re: How do I Lay a Tiled Floor in Small Conservatory to Replace Existing Carpet?

by michaelbailey » Sun May 17, 2015 1:05 pm

self levelling compound on the conc floor i have used it over existing tiles and had vinyl laid

KarlBristol
Labourer
Labourer

by KarlBristol » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 am

I think the same. Simply ensuring that the surface is level before you lay the tiles is all you need to do. I must say, I have never come across a conservatory with carpet on the floor before

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:26 am