How do I level up a summerhouse.
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Simon
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do I level up a summerhouse.

by Simon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:01 pm

I intend to build a summerhouse, with the base raised in a series of sawn-up telegraph poles about 2' in the ground and 2' out. How can I ensure that they are all the same height, as the area is really too big to successfully check one to the next with a level.

dandude
Labourer
Labourer

Use a laser level

by dandude » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:41 pm

not sure about the merit of building on sawn up telegraph poles but you can check the level using a laser level - set the level up on a tripod in the center of your plot and ensure its level, hold a bit of wood on the top of the pole in the ground and mark where the laser intersects the wood, then spin the leven round to face the next pole and stand the wood on the top of that, if the laser intersects the wood on the mar you previously made then its level....

Oliver Swann
Labourer
Labourer

Please forget technology

by Oliver Swann » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:24 am

You level a site you get a transparent plastic tube filled with water. Attach one end at the levelling point to the first point and the other end to the post to be levelled. When the water level on the first is at the height you want the level at the other end will be the same. EASY, CHEAP, ACCURATE.

Oliver

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:37 am