DIY Doctor

How do I paint a Threshold?

Postby ryan1uk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:51 pm


I am a beginner DIYer and need to paint over something but dont know what to use. I dont really know what its called either so i am going to try and explain it lol. Its very similar to a windowsill but its about 4 inches off the ground and leads to a conservatory so it will be walked over. I was going to use white gloss but think it would get ruined when people walk on it.

Thankyou for your time and help
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:35 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby JRS » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Is it bear timber? think its a threshold. Just a piece of wood to divide 2 rooms. Prime, Undercoat and a gloss the same colour as the wood work or stain varnish the same as the woodwork in either room.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics