how do I remove wallpaper paste off plasterboard?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matty_hunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

how do I remove wallpaper paste off plasterboard?

by matty_hunt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 am

Hi. I have a quick question. I've just taken the wallpaper off in my bathroom. It just pealed off in sheets nice and easy but it has left glue marks behind. The surface is plasterboard that has been skimmed so it is smooth overall but is actually rough and a little bit powdery to the touch. Normally I would use sugar soap to wash the wall down but this is bear plaster and Im assuming will just soak up the water. What do I do? I want to paint the walls after. (vinyl silk?)
Many thanks

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Re: how do I remove wallpaper paste off plasterboard?

by theshedman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:00 am

Just go ahead and wash it with sugar soap. If it's been skimmed then it should be fine and will just dry out afterwards. Just make sure that you get it all off otherwise the new paint will not stick to the walls properly. Before painting make sure that the walls are really smooth before putting on Vinyl Silk or you will see all the imperfections and after cleaning paste off and allowing it to dry put on one or two mist coats to seal the walls before putting topcoats on.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:44 am