How do I repair an old rim lock?
Post your questions and get answers concerning many areas of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mr-miniver
Labourer
Labourer

How do I repair an old rim lock?

by mr-miniver » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 pm

I took the (Victorian?) rim lock off our sitting-room door when I was decorating but now can't get it to go back together so it works! Any ideas?

What I really need is a photo or diagram showing the right arrangement of the insides- any ideas where I'd find that? I have looked online but not had any luck.

:?

dean7231
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How do I repair an old rim lock?

by dean7231 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:33 am

[quote="mr-miniver"]I took the (Victorian?) rim lock off our sitting-room door when I was decorating but now can't get it to go back together so it works! Any ideas?

What I really need is a photo or diagram showing the right arrangement of the insides- any ideas where I'd find that? I have looked online but not had any luck.

:?[/quote]

do u have another in the house if so take it off carefully and copy the other one. if not try a local locksmith,providing u havent lost anything he should be able to mend it pretty quickly. GL

nimchimpsky
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How do I repair an old rim lock?

by nimchimpsky » Tue May 24, 2016 4:48 pm

I had a similar problem last weekend with my (modern) back door nightlatch/rim lock. Couldn't find any pictures or diagrams anywhere, I even emailed the manufacturer and they just sent me fitting instructions! Eventually took it into a locksmith shop, they took the back off a similar one to see where all the parts go. Do you have another one on another door that you can remove without rearranging the insides?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:23 pm