How do you Make Fake Rocks or Bolders?
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bobbthebuilder
Labourer
Labourer

How do you Make Fake Rocks or Bolders?

Post by bobbthebuilder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Does anyone have any idea how they make the stones or rocks around the edge of ponds , at the back of swimming pools and crazy golf courses

I guess its some sort of chicken mesh over blocks but how to shape, polsih and colour??

Any help appreciatted

DIYDoctor1
Ganger
Ganger

Re: How do you Make Fake Rocks or Bolders?

Post by DIYDoctor1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Bobbthebuilder,
One interesting way that we have seen recently is to use resin bonded stone, as in the type that is used to create resin driveways. Some companies even make pots and planters with the resin bonded stone.

I'm sure that there are lots of other ways to make your own too but if you don't want to, you can buy artificial rocks for aquariums that might work - I think you can even get them on Amazon!

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How do you Make Fake Rocks or Bolders?

Post by TheDoctor4 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi

There are quite a few different techniques for making fake or faux rocks and stones and quite a few different materials that you can use including concrete, fiberglass, cardboard etc.....

It doesn't necessarily rely on what material you use as most methods will all result in a convincing outcome if you take your time with the construction.

There is quite a good tutorial on how to make them here: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Faux-Rocks/

Hope this helps you out

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am