How good is aluminium inspection cover?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Alex-2
Labourer
Labourer

How good is aluminium inspection cover?

by Alex-2 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Dear everybody, I would like to ask for an advice.
Recently I had a new waste water piping layed in my back yard. Now as the result there is a small brown bottle gully chamber, 14 cm above the ground level and positioned just in front of the rear door. So to cover it I am planning to built a step using a few slabs with an inspection cover above the gully chamber.
I found a suitable in size (28 cm diameter and 23 cm aperture) inspection cover with frame in Wickes. But it is cast from aluminium alloy.
So, does anybody have experience with aluminium covers? How are they in comparison with those from plastic or iron? Are they sufficiently resilient to weather conditions? Is it possible to concrete the frame of such cover?
Thank you for your help.

Alex

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am