How long would a wet room take to install?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sue peters
Labourer
Labourer

How long would a wet room take to install?

by sue peters » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this is the right forum to post in but I wonder if anyone could help me with timescales for renovating our bathroom. My husband is in a wheelchair and we have a wetroom but it is horrible having been done by the council many moons ago. I would love to install a trendy tiled wetroom without altering the plumbing.

Any ideas on how long this might take and how long the tiles would need to be laid before the shower can be used. Time is critical for us with my husband being in a wheelchair he can't be without a shower for too long!

Any help much appreciated.

Sue

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:18 pm

im sure you would appreciate that people would need to see the room
but as general rule we would allow between 7 and 10 days to go in and rip out and start from scratch to finish
it can depend on things such as do you use plaster boards and tile direct to them or do you bond and skimm which takes time to dry
are you concreting the floor or use a preformed deck and sit into the floor do you have concrete floor or floor boards and so on and so on
bob

sloppie2002
Labourer
Labourer

Wet Room

by sloppie2002 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:36 pm

I have just recently finished a wet room, it took me 2 weeks. i shaped the floor with leveling compound to get the fall to the gulley/drain, then i tiled the floor and all the walls. The bathroom was 2.4 meters wide by 5 meters long. In that 2 weeks i also installed the bathroom suite and shower.
Have a look at [b]wetwalling[/b] as this saves on tiling time.
hope this helps

sloppie2002

[img][/img]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm