How to become Part P registered????
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shameer
Labourer
Labourer

How to become Part P registered????

Post by shameer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:59 am

Hi there
I have NVQ level 4 qualification in electrical engineering. I have recently got 17th edition qualification(BS 7671:2008) also.
I have vast experience of electrical installation and testing abroad and I am well versed with these sort of things.
I now like to start domestic electrical installation ,testing &maintene work.
I basically prefer to work for some company. How can I start with this??
Do I need some addtional training or assessment?? Please guide me futher and if possible name some particular companies/institutions which may be of any help.
thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

Google this website "elecsa.co.uk/reqs_costs.aspx"
There"s others but this should give you any idea
KB

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:47 am

Google this too!
"competentperson.co.uk"

KB

shameer
Labourer
Labourer

Post by shameer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 pm

thanks for your valuable information
So what may be the best way.. either to get my own company registered r to contact some already registered contaractor?? In formaer case how can already resgitered contractor accomodate me?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:14 pm

shameer,
If your wish is to work for company,
you need to start looking for companies that are registered with the likes of napit. You will then not need to register yourself as they will supervise your work.
If you intend to start up on your own, contact both a competant persons scheme runner and building controls as you will need evidence of work before you can join and building controls will need to be notified of the work. So your building up a portfolio as evidence.
Building controls will inspect your work at first and second fix and check your test results and may re-test to confirm your both singing from the same hymm sheet.
They do charge for this service
When/if you register on a comp. persons scheme, you will need public liabillty insurance, you don't need it when using building controls on notifiable work but you are still liable so recommend you do.
KB

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:14 am