How to change the angle my mid position actuator valve sits
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sulograss
Apprentice
Apprentice

How to change the angle my mid position actuator valve sits

by Sulograss » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:21 am

During a problem with getting hot radiators when calling for hot water only which is now fine the angle at which my drayton mid position actuator now sits at has moved so its now too close to one of the hot water pipes.

How do I adjust the angle of its position attached to the spindle?

TIA

Tony

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:48 pm

You can't, not without altering pipework.

htg

Sulograss
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Sulograss » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:31 am

Thanks but maybe I have not explained it correctly as it cant be a case of having to adjust the pipework. I know this because before I started to try and fix my hot water and heating problem the actuator sat in the upright postion. Now for some reason the actuator is at 90 degrees to its original position and hence fouling one of the hot water pipes.

Tony

hamish72
Tradesman
Tradesman

by hamish72 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Has it ever worked correctly for both hot water and heating in the not fouling position as it sounds like either the actuator was not seated correctly prior or now

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Without pictures - i'm lost.

If you've change the actuator, like for like, then there shouldn't be any problem.

Did you change the actuator only or the three port valve too ?

htg

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Are you sure it is a three position not a two position?? Like everyone else, I can't see how it can change without the plumbing being altered :-)

Sulograss
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Sulograss » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks Guys

None of the pipework has been altered in any way whatsoever.

Originally, the actuator sat in what I would call the upright postion at 12 noon attached to the pipework with the HWM label facing you and the writing on the actuator in the upright readable position and the elecrical wiring coming from the bottom of the unit.

Since attempting to sort out the hot water situation which is now ok, somehow the seating postion of the actuator has altered by 90 degrees to the left, so, instead of the cable coming out of the bottom it is now facing me and as a result the base of the unit is now uncomfortably close to one of the hot water pipes running into the hot water tank to the point where the plastic casing is disclolouring and in fact has slightly melted. [/img]

hamish72
Tradesman
Tradesman

by hamish72 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:40 pm

If its like the ones I know it has 2 round locating pegs about .5 cm dia which locate the actuator on the valev and there position is off set to ensure correct fitment

Make sure those pegs are in those holes

have you disconnected any of the valve wires at any time ?

your image dont seem to work in your post

there is no way the heat from pipe should burn the base I think that,s from electrical problem not hot pipe

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1