How to choose a Combi Boiler for 4 Showers ONLY?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rwang4
Labourer
Labourer

How to choose a Combi Boiler for 4 Showers ONLY?

by rwang4 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:43 am

MY house already has a conventional boiler (with tank) supplying Hotwater and Central Heating for the whole house (inc bathroom) - it works well. I'm now considering installing 4 ensuites to the 4 large bedrooms. We plan to install a seperate Hotwater system. I need your advice on choosing a Combi boiler which will only supply hot water for these 4 ensuites? What power/type/brand/model should I choose? Many thanks!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Any if you only plan on using one at a time - want to use more than one and a combi is no good.

htg

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 am

you could be heading for a costly mistake - a combi boiler will only be able to service one shower at a time. you will need a hot water storage cylinder to provide sufficient for them all, and even then you may have issues with pressure drop if running more than one shower at a time from gravity fed. and pumps for four showers will drain even a big tank very quickly especially if the gravity replenishment can't keep up.

a mains pressure hot water system such as a mega flow may work provided that you have decent mains pressure coming into the house. best off getting a pro in to survey the job and figure out your exact needs.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:05 pm