How to Deal with and Fix a Small Area of Peeled Paint
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
robin telfree
Labourer
Labourer

How to Deal with and Fix a Small Area of Peeled Paint

Post by robin telfree » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi all,

I've recently (3 months ago) painted a room and there is a small patch that has slightly peeled. I've just used a scraper to remove this small patch and the surrounding area (about 30cm x 8cm) and was planning to use some diluted paint to ensure it doesn't peel again. However, the patch I've now exposed is more indented than I had expected and I'm worried that painting alone will leave a clearly visible indentation. One option would be to use some filler but I think it is too shallow a patch, so I feel a bit stuck.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I've made a very slight imperfection now look like a a complete eye sore! Should I just paint, should I use filler, or is there some other trick?? Many thanks in advance.

thedoctor

Re: How to Deal with and Fix a Small Area of Peeled Paint

Post by thedoctor » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:28 am

Get busy on the edge of the peeled area with some samdpaper and "feather" the edge of the paint down from its original thickness to 0 where it meets the peeled area making a veryb gentle "slope" in the paint which will then be considerably less visible when over-painted

Leebasten
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to Deal with and Fix a Small Area of Peeled Paint

Post by Leebasten » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi a good solution is to fill area with a ready mixed joint filler (the type dry liners use) it's easy to rub down and will fill the thinnest,apply a watered down coat of paint, let dry and paint as normal.
Hope this helps

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:59 am