How To Install Dishwasher With Washing Machine??
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jonj1611
Labourer
Labourer

How To Install Dishwasher With Washing Machine??

Post by Jonj1611 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi,

I am getting a dishwasher given to me, its quite an old model, but has one cold water inlet and one waste pipe, now the thing is I can only install it in the kitchen next to the sink.

However the cold water for the washing machine is the only cold water pipe we have and that has a flexible hose attached to it for the washing machine, is there any way to convert it, so I can use the dishwasher and washing machine so they both can use it for cold water?

Additionally the washing machine waste pipes connects directly to the sink outlet, its a plastic pipe under the sink where the washing machine waste plugs into it, is there anyway of converting that to a double inlet so the dishwasher can use it too?

Thank you, and hope that all made sense :)

Jon

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by TheDoctor4 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY Projects area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There is a project entitled "Plumbing - washing / dishwashers " that may be of some use to you!

Regards

Jonj1611
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Jonj1611 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did check it out but unless I missed something I couldn't see how to get 2 water outlets from just one pipe, the same thing for the drain pipe, how I plumb 2 water outlets into the one sink drainage pipe.

Thanks
Jon

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 pm

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:43 am