DIY Doctor

How to Plumb in a Pump into Existing Open Vented System

Postby neilinbal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi
I have an existing open vented system. All hot taps are gravity as is the cold to shower only. The shower is a waste of time & needs a pump. The problem I have is I cannot just feed the shower. I can only fit a pump & access the pipes in the airing cupboard. Do you think I need an whole house pump & I'm really unsure how to pipe it. I want to do it myself & have already upgraded the cold tank to 50 gallons. The pipes I have to work with are shown in the badly drawn diagram. Any help/advice welcome.
Thanks
Neil
Attachments
20180904_142812_1536068800012.jpg
neilinbal
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Brownie1987 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:36 am

Hi
A couple of things to consider first, how big is your hot water cylinder and what is your mains water pressure, do you have mixer taps in the system?
Brownie1987
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!