How to remove an Anglian Windows window lock gear box
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
John51
Labourer
Labourer

How to remove an Anglian Windows window lock gear box

by John51 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:48 pm

Help please! My window lock has failed and I need to replace the gear box on a shoot bolt system. (Anglian Windows about 15 years old)
I have taken the corner pieces off and removed the outer plastic strips which leaves the lock mechanism in place with another plastic strip either side. These appear to be attached to the shoot bolts with clips and don't want to pull out easily. Not knowing how it is all fitted together I don't want to risk breaking anything.
Can anyone shed any light on how to get to and remove the lock/gearbox? Repairers are quoting 6-8 weeks lead time to come out.
I will try to attach an image later.
Thanks
John
Attachments
PXL_20210831_151421607a.jpg
PXL_20210831_151438468a.jpg

John51
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to remove an Anglian Windows window lock gear box

by John51 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:45 pm

I have answered my own question by being a bit braver. The two plastic pieces that slide when the lock operates hold the threaded end of the shoot bolts in a threaded clip moulded into them. The length of the bolts can be adjusted by turning them in the clip. The slides are held in the window by 4 lugs and need to be leaned on quite firmly to pop them out. Once out, the plastic slide drops away from the hook on the end of the gearbox which is a loose fit in the window section.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:56 am