How to run a Vaillant Combi boiler in the most cost efiicient way
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mike-tyson2011
Labourer
Labourer

How to run a Vaillant Combi boiler in the most cost efiicient way

by mike-tyson2011 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 pm

I have a 20yr old Vaillant Combi boiler that is still running like a clock.
I would like advise on the best way to run it due to high energy costs.
I can run it all day at setting 6 = 60*C
Or I can run it at setting 8 = 80*C for a shorter time in the morning and evenings and then let my room thermostat switch it off when the house is up to say 20*
The instructions on the boiler say run at 6 in a normal winter and 7 to 9 in very cold winter weather.
I have an old one pipe central heating system that works well but takes a time to heat up the radiators.
If anyone can advise on the best way to run this boiler to help conserve the amount of gas I use in these days of Sky high Gas prices
Many Thanks
Mike Tyson

BeEnergySmart
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to run a Vaillant Combi boiler in the most cost efiicient way

by BeEnergySmart » Mon May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi Mike,
I suspect because you are asking the question that you know the real answer! With such an old boiler it will be pretty inefficient compared to today modern condensing boilers and the pay back can be measured in only a few years.

Find out more information one our site, which also has a simple calculator for estimating how much you will save for a variety of energy saving measures:

http://www.beenergysmart.co.uk/energy-s ... g-boilers/

There are so many factors that will determine the energy perfomance of your boiler but one of the most significant is the level of insulation in your home. There is no point heating your home if the heat is simply going to escape as fast as you generate the heat.

When are you in the house? You don't need the heating on when your not there and this should save you some money.

I hope that this is helpful, even if it is not what you want to hear.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1