How to wire 2 "smart" doorbells to the same chime?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
itm60
Apprentice
Apprentice

How to wire 2 "smart" doorbells to the same chime?

Post by itm60 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:39 am

I have a Siemens Gigaset HC450 door intercom, installed with a Friedland D107 chime. The Siemens Control Unit is powered by a 12VAC 1A transformer, and the chime by an 8V 1A transformer.
I also have an Ezviz Smart Video Doorbell, powered by a 12VAC 1A transformer. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect this video doorbell to the same chime as the Siemens system, as the Friedland chime has 2 spare terminals - the Siemens system is connected to the 0(F) and 3(T) terminals, but the 1 & 2 terminals are unused.
Attached are the wiring diagrams for the two doorbells, and the same for the Friedland D107 chime which I'd like to connect the 2nd doorbell to. TBH I don't understand the difference between the two wiring examples in the Friedland D107 diagram.

Could anyone advise:
1. (How) can I connect the Ezviz video doorbell and transformer to the existing Siemens/Friedland setup
2. Should I retain separate 12VAC 1A transformers for the Siemens and Ezviz doorbells, or would it be feasible to power them both from the same transformer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to wire 2 "smart" doorbells to the same chime?

Post by Mr White » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:56 am

I would suggest that for ease of installation and to avoid problems in the future you install the devices as the diagrams show, not interacting with each other.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:52 am