How to wire 4 x Slim fit LEDS to 1 x feed from ceiling
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rborhara
Labourer
Labourer

How to wire 4 x Slim fit LEDS to 1 x feed from ceiling

by rborhara » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:14 pm

currently have a black/red and earth coming from ceiling to a temp ceiling rose.

I have purchased 4 x slim fit led lights eac having a sealed driver unit that flush fit into cladding.
the wires on the leds are like only 3 inches long and I need to distance the LEDS approx 50-75cm away from each other
what is the best way to increase the length of these wires on the LED and also how do I link or series link these LED lights to the main ceiling feed
Attachments
LED.JPG

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to wire 4 x Slim fit LEDS to 1 x feed from ceiling

by Mr White » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:36 am

I would suggest you use "wago connectors" to extend the flex from each "driver unit"
Then use bigger wago connectors (There is a 5 terminal version) to connect the 4 extended cables to the main lighting cable.

For each single cable join brown to brown, and blue to blue.
For all 4 to the main cable, all browns to brown (or red) and all blues to blue (or black)

rborhara
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to wire 4 x Slim fit LEDS to 1 x feed from ceiling

by rborhara » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:57 am

Thanks, I do some more general reading and youtube on wago connectors as they do a lot of different types.

i hope 1mm thickness and 50cm cable length for each LED light bacl to the main 5 terminal wago connector is fine.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 am