htg engineer
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

htg engineer

by bazza » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 pm

hi mate sorry 4 late reply.been busy working . changed the aps on my sisters boiler , but still wont fire up. the fault finding sequence on front of boiler indicates water pressure switch inoperative. so i changed the flow switch, and also the hot water thermister. but still wont fire up. have also checked pump and thats fine .does it all point 2 a circuit board fault or cud it possibly be something else (ps. my sister sed if she keeps pressing the lock-out switch 4 ages eventually the hot water will come on now and again any advise wud be much appreciated cheers pal bazza the boiler is a halstead finest platinum .

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

If it's not going to ignition then yes it could be a PCB fault.

When the fan starts running and the APS is proven, do you get power to the gas valve or ignition box/spark generator/ignition board.

I'll have to google the halstead to find out the boiler layout

htg

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:19 pm

hi htg engineer thanx 4 the advise so far. i will check the boiler again 4 power going to the parts u suggested. my sister is now saying she does get hot water' after resetting boiler a few times it does fire up eventually. so i checked the microswitch on diverter valve' and discovered the pin is permanately pushing up against the microswitch. it appears to be stuck and doesnt move in and out.cud that possibly cause the boiler to not fire up. and if so is it likely to be the diaphragm split /or the actuator at fault.stopping the spindle from moving. its a venturi type diverter valve thanx 4 all your help bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 am

The pin being stuck will cause problems, buy a diverter service kit and renew the diaphragm, o rings and washers.

htg

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:35 pm

hi htg engineer. sorry 4 askin again mate' but this boiler is driving me crazy lol. i managed to free the pin which is now moving up n down wen i turn the boiler on and off. and i can get the hot water on now without 2 much trouble but every time i turn the tap off 'it goes to lockout n needs resetting. and the heating doesnt come on at all just goes straight 2 lockout. the fault indicator on the boiler use 2 say' 1&3 which is water pressure switch inoperative. but now it as changed n saying 4 which is saying the fualt is overheat stat/ch thermister. the switch is 2 in 1 i was wondering if there is a way of testing it and provin it is faulty b4 going buying it n it still not workin sorry 4 askin again/ but do appreciate all the advise cheers bazza .

mraich
Ganger
Ganger

by mraich » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:05 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]If it's not going to ignition then yes it could be a PCB fault.

When the fan starts running and the APS is proven, do you get power to the gas valve or ignition box/spark generator/ignition board.

I'll have to google the halstead to find out the boiler layout

htg[/quote] Hi htg engineer. You gave me some good advice quite some time ago - well over a year ago - relating to Warm Air central heating. I have read a bit about combi boilers which work with radiator central heat but what could I replace my free standing hot water system with should I have to replace that? Appreciate your knowledge about those things.
Thanks
mraich

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1