I am Struggling With my new Living Area and What to do With it?
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1

what do you think of the crushed velvet theme ?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 pm
no its totally outdated
No votes
no its not my thing but its okay in some designs
No votes
hmm its okay
No votes
I like it
No votes
I love it
No votes

Total votes: 0
shannirik
Labourer
Labourer

I am Struggling With my new Living Area and What to do With it?

Post by shannirik » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi everyone new to this forum so bare with me lol, okay so me and my family are moving into a bigger home and I am really struggling with my living area. I have attached a photo of the living space and any effective open ideas would be brilliant. I would like my children to play outside a lot so the French doors would have to be easy to get to and I would love the space to look open and modern thank you :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phillip1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: I am Struggling With my new Living Area and What to do With it?

Post by phillip1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am

It's a nice area. What furniture are you working with at the moment if at all? Do you have a budget in mind?

I'd start by looking at your seating arrangements and picking a colour that you like most. This will help set a basis for a colour scheme for the rest of your furniture. With lighter wall paints, I'd suggest some lighter seating. Make the area look nice, bright and inviting. Looks like you'll get plenty of sun during the warmer days so that's a plus.

j_nevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by j_nevil » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:14 pm

What is your budget for this project? It would be useful to gain an insight into this before making recommendations.

- Jeff

ATMDecor
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ATMDecor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:56 pm

shannirik wrote:I would like my children to play outside a lot so the French doors would have to be easy to get to and I would love the space to look open and modern thank you :)

Create sort of a linear "passage" to the door where the furniture is placed around the passage.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:28 am