I Have a Makita HR2450 and Suggestions Needed for Suitable Drill Bit Set?
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ms_s
Labourer
Labourer

I Have a Makita HR2450 and Suggestions Needed for Suitable Drill Bit Set?

by ms_s » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi, I have a Makita HR2450, here is a link purely for specs reference https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-HR2450- ... ITA+HR2450 Could someone please suggest a matching Makita drill bit set from any shop you like with either a link or the product code? I will be mainly using the set for masonry, will want a ceramic tile bit and the rest say wood bits and srewdriver bits would be bonus. I am absolutely clueless and would be ordering the set as its very rare for me to have the opportunity to just pop into a shop and ask, I live in a very rural area. Thanks so much everyone!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: I Have a Makita HR2450 and Suggestions Needed for Suitable Drill Bit Set?

by welsh brickie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:02 pm

for ceramic tiles, if your fitting a towel rail for example, and your using brown rawplugs you will need a 7mm S.D.S bit, for a red plug its 5mm.
The drill bits for this machine are SDS bits. You cannot use hammer function when drilling tiles it will damage the tiles. Just use it slowly on drill function and add some toothpaste when drilling, it will help cool the bit.
As for other bits, for wood etc you will need an SDS chuck adapter, go for the keyless type, Makita P-44024 trade drill bit set from screwfix will get you started

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:38 am