DIY Doctor

Main navigation

I want to build an enclosure around a swimming pool

Postby cnsats » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 pm

hello I want to build an enclosure around a swimming pool and was thinking of a timber and upvc construction, but what is the best timber to use ( treated with what I mean)?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:09 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Tanalised (or similarly treated) timber would be best. If you get regularised timber this has a reasonable finish.
I think you will find you need planning permission for this project.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 16777215
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Somerset in the UK in Shepton mallet

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics