Ideal Isar He30 Boiler Issue
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
John40131
Labourer
Labourer

Ideal Isar He30 Boiler Issue

by John40131 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:51 am

Hi, I have an Ideal Isar He30 Boiler had it for about 3 years serviced a couple of times once when S trap was blocked.
My issue know is when the DHW heatplate randomly heats and the boiler fires up T operation, the boiler vibrates like a low frequency drum for about 10 seconds till fully up and running, it doesnt do this when either using C central Heating or Drawing hot water from tap, just does when firing up on T operation a plumber told me you can disable this operation but cant find a way of doing this or what is the cause of this problem.

Would be grateful for help on a fix.
Regards John

John40131
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Ideal Isar He30 Boiler Issue

by John40131 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:55 am

On further investigation it seems to vibrate the most when doing a Plate warming operation but still a little sometimes when firing up on DHW or Central heating, and seems to come from the top were the gas is injected into the chamber, so was wondering if its anything to do with Fan not injecting gas into chamber, bit of a puzzle as cant really take inside cover off when working..

Any help would be appreciated...otherwise new boiler.

Regards John

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:27 am

My Bosch boiler has an Eco button, when engaged the boiler does not store hot water so fires up every time a tap is opened, when not engaged it keeps a small tank of water hot so you get hot water quicker, this is likely what the plumber is talking about.

However workers of lead (a plumber) or in my case an electrician, we have nothing to do with the gas side of the boiler, you need some one who is registered as gas safe.

Today boilers are rather complex, and heating and ventilating is a trade of it's own, there is some overlap between trades, but heating and ventilating guy would not repair a lead roof, and a plumber does not open gas appliances.

John40131
Labourer
Labourer

by John40131 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks for reply, I did infact install the boiler myself and got a gas registered engineer to install gas, I am an Electronics Eng and Electrician (retired) but still do a lot of similar work.
I am going to look at Ignition probe and Gas on probe to see if they are crudded up, there is not much else to this boiler, if I can't find a fix I will probably get a Baxi 360 from Screwfix at £847 and get my plumber to change over.

Regards john

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1