DIY Doctor

Identify a wallcovering-plaster type coated wallpaper

Postby dexterxx » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:59 pm

I am trying to strip wallpaper from a HSL which initially looks like a normal heavily embossed paper that has had several layers of paint.

However it will not budge and the parts I have got off seem to resemble a backing paper covered in a thin layer of plaster type coating. Quite shiny, like a hard chalk consistency. It cannot be impregnated with water it needs to be chipped off.

I doubt this would have come on a roll. The design is too consistent and covers a large an area.
It is not a plaster texture finish also the material is not a crumbly as plaster. It could be a paper Mache type of thing. Has anyone come across this and if so is it possible to remove or is it better to plaster over the top?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:44 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics