DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Identify Component in Heating Cylinder Installation

Postby AspanCT » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:48 am

There is water leaking out of what looks like some sort of valve from the pipe running to my hot water cylinder in my airing cupboard.
Can someone help me identify the part so I can replace it (see image attached).
18E370A8-2A8B-4A17-A2F1-1F926960E4FD.jpeg (30.11 KiB) Viewed 834 times
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:36 am


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:43 pm

I think it is a by-pass valve, but not sure. Idea is as the TRV close this valve opens and returns hot water to the boiler so turning down boiler output.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2658
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Llanfair Caereinion, Mid Wales.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics