iee regs
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tte
Apprentice
Apprentice

iee regs

by tte » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:24 am

hello i'm trying to find out more about iee regs because i'm just starting to learn about electrical instalations for domestic use i'v done some of my own over the years now i'm going to get myself qualified so i can do the more difficult things like consumer units and more please could i have some advice and guidence
thanks tte

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 am

there is no quick way, most colleges do evening classes such as 2330,2391 etc but take upto three years to gain NVQ level 3 which is now reqd.
loads of short courses offering 'part p in 5 days' etc
not worth a w---.
IEE regs about to be republished early next spring and cost nearly £50, written in legalees, need 'on site guide' which explaines well, literally dozens of books on the subject available but you will need test equipment approx cost £500, see if you can get work with leckie as a 'mate' if not in fulltime work already,
It's not easy to get qualified as sparky but I have had 43 years in the trade with no time out of job, earnings good, still love my work good luck
SPARX

tte
Apprentice
Apprentice

basic Electrics

by tte » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:32 pm

hello sparx

thanks for your reply, i'm going to do a basic electrics course in may it's city & guilds 2381 it's only a 2 day course though do you think i'l gain much knowledge from this, you said that a 5 day p part isn't worth it. I'm doing this way because i can't spare the time to do it any other way.

Do you think everning class would be more beneficial

I'v bought the Electric wiring domestic 12 edition

I'v also got the electricians guide edition 8

Any advice for remembering all the regs

I'v post another topic on CU's any chance you could reply to that if poss

thank you

tom

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:57 am

the 2 day 2381 is ok as a short course Tom but it will assume you are already in the game and have knowledge of electrical circuits & terminology. If u work at it the 2330 2 year evening course gets u NVQ lvl 2 u can then go on to lvl 3 as 1 more year @ 1 evening a week, this will allow u to Get a JIB grading, which is an open door to every kind of leckie work,
will look for CU post ,regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:35 am