immersion boiler over heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dstewart
Labourer
Labourer

immersion boiler over heating

by dstewart » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi,
everything with cental heating appears to work fine, including heating of water within immersion tank using gas. I therefore presume that thermostat strapped to immersion tank is working fine. However, when i attempt to heat water using electrical switch in kitchen, water is very over heated and immersion tank begins to shake and is quickly turned off BY MYSELF !

Thanks
Davie

LES COWIE
Apprentice
Apprentice

by LES COWIE » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:19 pm

The electric immersion heater has its own built in stat, sounds like this is faulty. Shouldn't be a costly repair. Your boiler should heat up the water a lot quicker and cheaper than the immersion heater, this is generally only used as a stand by if the boiler is faulty

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:01 am

Either the thermostat in your immersion heater is set to high or it is not working at all. The stat will be under the immersion heaters cover.

dstewart
Labourer
Labourer

by dstewart » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:22 pm

on checking, my immersion element has hole where thermostat perhaps should be ( I presume removed by previous home owner) I will therefore replace element.
Thanks
Davie

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1