DIY Doctor

Immersion tank

Postby well-dweller » Thu May 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Just been into my mates house, and he has a strange-looking boiler in his airing cupboard. Its like a closed immersion tank (cylinder), but its open at the top, as if there is a lid missing. I can see a ball-valve at the top. Should this have a lid? I'm worried that hot water might overflow the top of it. Is this likely to happen. someone mentioned that it could be a combined tank, with the heater part down in the bottom of the tank. Any views
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:59 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Rico » Fri May 30, 2008 10:26 am

Hi there,

Yes there should be a lid really.

This is a Primatic / fortic cyliner, the water in the op wis the cold feed for the hot weater cylinder directly underneath.

Does he by chance have carp hot water pressure.

Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:55 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics