DIY Doctor

Imperial gas pipes connecting to oven?

Postby teamboxer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:08 am


I have recently tried to have a new cooker fitted but I was informed that I couldn’t do so because I have an “imperial gas pipe” that attaches to my my current cooker. I was told it needs changing to a metric pipe.
Is this a complicated piece of work and how much should i expect to pay a gas fitter for the job?
I dont want to get ripped off.

Regards and thanks in advance

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 am


Simply Build It

Postby Dan2071 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 pm

An imperial pipe going to your cooker? The pipe going to your cooker should be a flexible cooker hose? If you are talking about the pipe running upto the bayonet fitting is in 3/4 then about 10 mins from the time they walk through the door.

Different people charge different rates.

Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics