Inadequate Toilet Flush Even After Replacing With Flush Mechanism
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
BigWig
Labourer
Labourer

Inadequate Toilet Flush Even After Replacing With Flush Mechanism

Post by BigWig » Wed May 02, 2018 6:57 am

I recently found that my toilet was not flushing adequately. A plumber that was doing another job for me suggested that the flushing mechanism be replaced and he did so - Fluidmaster Dual Flush and Fill Valve Kit. He also increased the amount of water that was coming out of the cistern when flushed.
However this does not seem to have helped. I don't think there is a drain blockage as the bowl empties very quickly when I pour a bucket of water into the toilet. The issue seems to be the force of the water entering the bowl not being sufficient to empty it - there does not seem to be water entering the bowl from the front of the toilet, just water from the sides and back area - this tends to have the effect of moving waste around rather than forcing it out of the bowl. Even small amounts of tissue are often being left in the bowl despite a full flush. The plumber also put his fingers under the inside rim of the toilet and felt that there were no obvious blockages.
Would be grateful for any ideas as to how to proceed? Would rather not replace the toilet if I don't need to.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:42 pm