All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Beltonian
Labourer
Labourer

Increase Level of Water in Dual Flush Cistern

Post by Beltonian » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 am

Hi,

I have a dual flush cistern in my bathroom toilet but it does not always flush satisfactorily. The level of the water after filling only comes about 1/3 of the way up the cistern. If I fill the cistern up a further 1/3 by hand the flush is that much better. However, I understand that if I can adjust the ball valve the cistern may then do this automatically when flushed. My problem is that I do not know how to adjust the ball valve! I have a photo of the interior but I do not know how to upload it as there appears to be no upload button on the page. Any help please?

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Increase Level of Water in Dual Flush Cistern

Post by collectors » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 am

You normally will have a floating ball on the end of an arm. At the other end of the arm it will have a hinge. Its in this area you will have a small bolt with a locknut, it the bolt you have to adjust to get the water level to what you want. Remember to release the nut 1st & tighten after you finished to lock back in place.

Beltonian
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Increase Level of Water in Dual Flush Cistern

Post by Beltonian » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The inside of the cistern is not how you describe. There is no ballcock but a cylinder on the left hand side which has a button on top which if you depress manually increases the flow. I have taken a photo to perhaps explain it better:

Any additional advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:36 am