Indesit DIF16 Dish Washer not washing (sometimes - intermittent issue that seem to become worse)
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vmary2014
Labourer
Labourer

Indesit DIF16 Dish Washer not washing (sometimes - intermittent issue that seem to become worse)

by vmary2014 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi
I have an Indesit DIF 16 with a problem that could be I think linked to the recirculation pump (I say I think as I read about people with maybe similar issues)
That dish washer over a year span will work maybe 8 / 9 months absolutely fine. Then - as it started to do it now - is when I start it, nothing happens. I can hear a "kettle boiling" type noise or maybe a humming noise then it stops. I have to open / shut the door many times and eventually it will start.
It happened that the programme would stop during a wash too, then start itself again (or again me opening / closing doors)
Wondered if you had any suggestions
I think that it did this since we bought it from new 3 or 4 yrs ago. I know its a bit stupid should have had it checked by then, always the time to do it that's a problem.
I'm quite happy to have a go at taking it apart etc if you can guide me some instructions / anything to look at or clean.
We do the basics regularly so clean filters, etc. No water leak I can see.
Cheers
Vincent

DIYDoctor1
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Indesit DIF16 Dish Washer not washing (sometimes - intermittent issue that seem to become worse)

by DIYDoctor1 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Um, this sounds like you need a new programmer. And it sounds like it has been faulty from the word go. I'd try your luck with Indesit; they might have pitty on you, although I wouldn't get your hopes up.

If you need to book and engineer, you can do it here:
http://www.indesitservice.co.uk/book-an-engineer/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am