Induction hobs
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rose
Ganger
Ganger

Induction hobs

by rose » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:05 pm

Has anyone got any views / comments on induction hobs. I quite fancy getting one...but would like to see other peoples views if any.
thanks

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 pm

My mother is about to get one we were warned to get one with knobs not touch sensitive as any spills can stop touch sensitive working until fully cleared up and dried some have magnetic knobs which it seems is better.
Power is quite high if only using two rings then these use more power and some need protecting with semi-conductor fuses but all in all good.
My mother has only one leg and can easy slip and grabs what every is available to stop her falling and induction hobs are likely to damage her less than any other type if she puts her hand on it.
Eric

rose
Ganger
Ganger

by rose » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:30 pm

thanks ericmark....you're right there are pros and cons with the hobs, I saw a demo and was thoroughly impressed with them. Will have to hunt around for news pans as the prices vary so much. department stores are about 80 pound, robert dyas, 40 pound and argos I'm not sure about yet.
hope your mum likes using her hob.
thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:40 pm