Inserts
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Inserts

Post by greengrass » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm

For what reason do you need to insert disc's to reduce router cutter hole?
I've been using mine without (its home made) the cutter hole is around 2" across.

greggy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by greggy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm

for safety reasons, ie if you have a gap too big then there is a greater chance of the timber getting snagged in the hole/gap and you then put more force on the wood and get your fingers ripped apart.

the smaller the gap the safer. i would replace your home made one with a proper one that icludes the reducing rings,like trend, incra, kreg etc etc.

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Post by greengrass » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 am

[quote="greggy"]for safety reasons, ie if you have a gap too big then there is a greater chance of the timber getting snagged in the hole/gap and you then put more force on the wood and get your fingers ripped apart.

the smaller the gap the safer. i would replace your home made one with a proper one that icludes the reducing rings,like trend, incra, kreg etc etc.[/quote]

Yeah thanks for taking the time to reply and I would have bought a manufactured one had I the money to so will be making a top up with a smaller hole for smaller bits I mostly use and keep the large hole one for the large bits on the rare occasion they will be used.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:23 pm