All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Clyde
Labourer
Labourer

INSINKERATOR+1.5 BOWL + WASTE

Post by Clyde » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi,

I'm having diffculty trying to work out how to incorporate an insinkerator+1.5 bowl then connect to waste.

Has anyone done this before? Please could you advise on the parts I need, better still, send me a picture, I have one bowl connected up and the insinkerator plug all fitted to the sink, but now I need to include the insinkerator then finally connect to the waste. (currently only have one bowl connected to the waste just so I can use the sink!

I was thinking of purchasing two HepVo valves and some flexible pipe???
would this do it plus some kind of coupling valve?

Thanks,
Clyde.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Clyde,
Get some pipe (make sure this is the right size to fit the insinkerator) and ring-seal fittings. Try to connect the pipe from the insinkerator as far as possible away from the standard sink trap. The advantage with ring-seal fittings is that you can always modify the pipe layout.
end

Clyde
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Clyde » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:19 am

Thanks Stoneyboy, I spent nearly an hour in DIY store last night, I've cracked it. I've put a solvent weld t-piece on waste then flexi type ubend from insinkerator to one t-piece fitting (solvent weld) then the exsisting s-trap from sink to other t-piece (via self weld flexi).

Took me weeks to work this one out!

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:04 pm

No, that was a day lol

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm