Install a DIY DPC to walls with water marking
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Old House
Labourer
Labourer

Install a DIY DPC to walls with water marking

by Old House » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:53 pm

When we bought our 1910 single brick house 24 years ago we had a chemical injected DPC installed on the ground floor. The skirting and plaster was removed at the time and then made good.
I've noticed a couple of internal walls have water marking a foot or so off the ground so I suspect a new DPC needs installing.

I'd like to inject a new DPC myself, if possible. The plaster seems sound and the skirting does not appear to be rotten.
Can the DPC be injected without removing the skirting board and knocking back the plaster? Can the walls be injected and left to dry out and then made good?

Appreciate any advice, thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Install a DIY DPC to walls with water marking

by stoneyboy » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi oldhouse,
Suggest you try drilling just above the skirting and inject DPC cream into the holes. You will have to guess where the bricks are and may have to make additional holes to compensate. It will take some months for you to see how effective it has been and if some sections are still showing damp you can always repeat the process in these areas.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm