DIY Doctor

Installing a Towel Radiator in the bathroom

Postby yydelilah » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi - I'm about to install a new (central heating) towel radiator in the bathroom and I'd like to conceal the supply/return pipes in the wall rather than running them up through the floorboards to the radiator.

The new radiator is chrome, the valves will be chrome and I'd like to be able to terminate the supply pipes coming from the wall neatly (i.e. with a large chrome (flanged) washer covering the exit holes similar to the installations you see in hotels etc in Europe).

Any idea if this sort of thing is available in the UK and what they are called?

Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:04 am


Simply Build It

Postby DUDE DIY » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:23 am

I think your after a chrome effect collar which would sit around the pipe work which comes form your wall, hiding any finishing on the wall???? this what your describing????...if so these are available form most plumbing supply centres of the usuall large DIY chains and are quite cheap to buy.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:34 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics