Installing anti-backflow valve
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dckidd
Labourer
Labourer

Installing anti-backflow valve

by dckidd » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:55 pm

The professionals I payed to install a rain water storage tank failed to install a suitable anti-backflow valve resulting in the water tank filling up with sewage (when the drain was blocked). I have now dug down and found the plastic pipes which require the value fitting, have found a supplier of a suitable valve and don't know what to do next.

Can anyone tell me...
1. How do I disconnect the existing plastic pipes? Do they just pull apart and if so how much pipe am I going to have to expose to be able to do so? Is there a technique to do this easily?

2. I believe that I need an access to the valve but looking at the inspection chambers available they all appear to be for junctions. Is there a special type of inspection chamber for an inline valve or some other solution?

Thanks

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

by Skids » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi dckidd

Get the professionals you paid to get back and finish the job and let them know that your local council trading standards department is very interested in the case, normally works!

Regards

Skids

COLPIT
Labourer
Labourer

Non-return valve

by COLPIT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 pm

dckidd,

Did you ever get a sensible answer?
About to do the same.
Sourced a non-return valve from Missionrubber.co.uk
Looking for an inspection chamber but undecided on plastic or concrete
Afteer some advice before I start digging!

Pete

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:48 pm