Installing Electric Boilers
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

lrm2000
Labourer
Labourer

Installing Electric Boilers

by lrm2000 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:59 pm

I have just moved into a place where I share the Gas boiler with the flat downstairs. It's not exactly ideal but we both tend to be in at the same time so heating / hot water isn't a problem - at the moment!

Both flats are Studio's where we have two radiators - one in the bedroom and the other in the bathroom and hot water in the kitchen and bathroom (bath and basin).

The Landlord doesn't want to have another Gas boiler (and meter) put in but as we have our own Electric meters I was wanting to suggest getting an Electric boiler installed. The boiler would not be providing much CH/HW to my flat as it is quite small but would appreciate some advice as to what product is good out there, whether a separate pump is necessary as well as if a cylinder is needed for water storage.
I believe there is capacity on the existing fuseboard but an electrician should be able to wire it up and have the appropriate fuse on the board to stop it 'tripping' and then a plumber should be able to do the necessary work so I can have HW/CH - shouldn't they?

Any advice gratefully received.