Instantaneous electric water heater
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

arctanck
Labourer
Labourer

Instantaneous electric water heater

by arctanck » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my inefficient tank water boiler with an instantaneous electric water heater. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using such water heater Google "bhl.co.uk/product/ZIP_ILX12_13KW_3PH_INLINE_INSTANT_WTR_HT" for multipoint use? I live in a basement flat and get mains cold water supply. It's a small flat so I only need hot water for bath or shower, bathroom and kitchen sink and washing machine, so will not be using it to power central heating. So is it a good idea to use such a heater? And will it give me enough flow rate to have a decent shower, although I think I'll mostly take bath and then a little shower.

Another question is there are more expensive instantaneous boiler around, in the region of £600 and upwards, so do you think they are going to be overkill for my needs? A plumber once recommended me to replace my boiler with one of these expensive combi boiler (I think it's one of these instantaneous boiler). So I'm a bit uncertain whether the smaller instantaneous water heater will be up for the job...

Would appreciate if anyone can share your experience or make any recommendations. Thank you.

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 am