Instantaneous Water Heaters
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tranxformations
Labourer
Labourer

Instantaneous Water Heaters

by tranxformations » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:54 pm

I own an apartment with one bathroom (inc. bath) which is currently utilising hot water from an immersion tank. I'd prefer to remove most of these tanks and have an instant water heater.

Heating is Electric...

The query i have is how do i calculate the amount of kw required to utilise the heating of water as necessary to my flat, whom has had experience in these units and which can be recommended?

cheers...

sbelectrical
Apprentice
Apprentice

by sbelectrical » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi there i,m wirring some 1 bed flats at the moment, these too have all elec heating/water heating, the flats with baths im fitting a REDRING FLAT BACK CISTERN MODEL CT100, which is 100 ltr and can supply a bath and 3 sinks all at the same time, they are only 3kw but store the hot water.
if you go for instant water heater you will need something like 10kw but will be costly to run.
I persume you want rid of the cyilinder because of its size well the above CT100 are quite small compared to a cyilinder the are 300mm depth,
1000mm high by 600mm width hope this helps SB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi not much choice, if you want good flow /pressure most are 9-11kW, such as 'Stiebel Eltron DCH' 9kW, or 'Hyco multi-point' 9.5kW, both from cat of QVSdirect.com for example or an Amptec unit from Heatrae-Sadia, various ratings up to 11kW,
hope this is what you mean, all will of course require larger supply than immersion heater but don't store hot water when not needed, getting more popular due to energy efficiency rules,
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:47 am