Insulate From Heat Rising From Underfloor Heating Advice Needed
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newbieinsulation
Labourer
Labourer

Insulate From Heat Rising From Underfloor Heating Advice Needed

by Newbieinsulation » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 pm

A lot of people see underfloor heating, for us who experience various circulation issues it results in swollen legs and atrocious pains... We got a new apartment, it's perfect, but even if there are plenty of radiators the floor is decidedly warm, the agency doesn't know if there is underfloor heating (! the owner is a corporation who don't give a damn) so it could just be all the heating pipes that run under the floor in both cases nothing to do to stop it. As it is a long term apartment, can one solution be to insulate somehow the floor? Would that be very costly? How can it be done? After just some days I can barely walk...
thank you for any advice

Bauwer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Insulate From Heat Rising From Underfloor Heating Advice Needed

by Bauwer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 am

Newbieinsulation wrote:A lot of people see underfloor heating, for us who experience various circulation issues it results in swollen legs and atrocious pains... We got a new apartment, it's perfect, but even if there are plenty of radiators the floor is decidedly warm, the agency doesn't know if there is underfloor heating (! the owner is a corporation who don't give a damn) so it could just be all the heating pipes that run under the floor in both cases nothing to do to stop it. As it is a long term apartment, can one solution be to insulate somehow the floor? Would that be very costly? How can it be done? After just some days I can barely walk...
thank you for any advice

Hi Mate,
I'd suggest finding a source of a heat first. Once you found it - it should be easier to control it or switch it off.
Otherwise you could use the same materials to insulate from cold or from heat, insulation work in the same way, eg. reducing heat transfer though insulation material.

Regards, Alexander

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:47 am