Insulation and beading for laminate flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Alan Johnson
Labourer
Labourer

Insulation and beading for laminate flooring

by Alan Johnson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm

I have a house in spain and I am laying laminate flooring on top of ceramic tiles,however the skirting is also ceramic,any tips on how to fix the beading to the tiles?
and is there any product that anyone knows of which I can apply to my walls to give better insulation,the walls are about 2 feet thick with no cavity and it does not retain any heat,
thanks in anticipation

NimbusII
Tradesman
Tradesman

by NimbusII » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi,
I use gripfill/solvent based no-more-nails and a hot melt glue gun for ceramic/concrete... Apply a small amount of Gripfill/no more nails to the beading/scotia but not a continuous bead so that every 6 inches you have a gap, then you apply hot melt glue to the beading in the gap and apply to the walls, the hot melt glue will hold the beading while the gripfill dries. you have to be quick as the hot melt glue cools fairly quickly.. The other way is to use Mitre Mate or similar, this is a Cyno(super glue) with an activator.. instant fix... but not as permanent as previous method...

Good luck

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 am