INSULATION FOR SINGLE SKIN GARAGE WALL
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
david123
Labourer
Labourer

INSULATION FOR SINGLE SKIN GARAGE WALL

Post by david123 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Hello im converting the garage and im not 100% on the insulation to use.At first i was going to just use 2x2 with either rockwool or kingspan but ive seen the kooltherm boards from kingspan.These are the ones that have foam bonded to plaster board that you dot and dab.Would it be suitable for single skin outside walls? thanks

Mountainbiker1
Labourer
Labourer

Insulation for single skin garage wall

Post by Mountainbiker1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm considering doing the same thing and I'd also thought of using Kingspan. I was originally going to use battens with that in between like drylining a wall but to avoid the difficulty of drilling and plugging concrete my Da suggested I glue it with no-more-nails. I intend to do the sides first, then the roof to wedge it in place, then do the end sections, removable at the car door end and fixed with a separate door at the people door at the other end.

Then I was going to glue plasterboard to the sides. Your special bonded kooltherm kingspan will make that easier.

What does dot and dab mean?

Please let me know how you got on.

Best wishes,

J

david123
Labourer
Labourer

Post by david123 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:24 am

iI still havent got round to doing it yet.Anyone got any ideas? Dot and dab is what plasterers use to stick plaster boards onto the wall where theres no battens to nail to.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:52 pm