Integrated Dishwasher - Problem with Distance from Sink
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sparkman
Labourer
Labourer

Integrated Dishwasher - Problem with Distance from Sink

Post by sparkman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi,

In my new house i hope to install a dishwasher in the space originally planned for a fridge by the builder. The problem is that there is roughly 2.5m between dishwasher and plumbing for sink. The built in oven is also installed in the middle of them, although this is off the ground so pipes could be installed underneath it.

My idea was to run the pipes behind the kick board around the base of the kitchen and up into the sink plumping for water supply and the waste pipe. Is the 2.5m too far to do this?

Many thanks for any help

Kev

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 pm

You can buy extension pipes for the supply and waste pipes. Dishwashers don't have to pump that much water, so I should give it a try. I can't see you should have much problem with that distance.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:02 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:23 am